I added Death‘s hair in Photoshop. This was a make-up project done for my Stage Makeup class in 2005.
Tonight’s class was enjoyable because I got to fawn over the beauty of clean and pretty code.
I can tell how old something is by the mention of the Netscape browser. I only vaguely remember seeing it back in 1999 while watching a classmate use a teacher’s computer.
These notes cover the progress report plus information about metadata. I apologize for posting these notes so late!
My favorite part right now is that I was upset that I couldn’t find any simple explanation of XML and then later I noticed that the book holding up my smaller monitor is “XML for Dummies.” I just checked out the reviews on Amazon though and this book was panned. I guess I’ll have to look at it later to see what I think!
An idea mentioned in the Professional Presence Workshop is that you need to hide your Youtube favorites. In order to do this:
- Log into your Youtube account.
- Hover over your name in the top right corner and then click on “My Channel.”
- Click on “Videos and Playlists” in the tabs right below the Youtube logo.
- On the left side, uncheck the “My Favorites” box.
- Click “Save Changes.”
Now no one has to know your love for Polka or what have you not!
This workshop was action-packed with lots of good tips! One attendee reminded us to hide our Favorites on various websites, such as Youtube. I came home and fixed that ASAP! An interesting discussion that evolved was whether HR and hiring managers are too quick to judge highly talented people who may have an appearance outside of the norm. What are your thoughts?
This tutorial video was created specifically for the webmaster of the ICL Communitas website. However, it is useful for understanding how to:
1) Create a Drupal static web page
2) How to use the Custom Breadcrumbs module
3) Explains navigational breadcrumbs
4) How to create a personalized URL for a web page in Drupal
5) How to add your new web page to the primary links menu
Note: The black box that keeps appearing over the cursor is a flaw in the video editing program. I forgot to fix the settings before capturing the video.
My nephew was born at 7:53 am on Monday, October 18, 2010. He’s the first baby born in our nuclear family in 21 years and 7 days. That is, his mom was the last baby!
Unfortunately, there is no simple shortcut for this yet. If you try to download your chat logs, you quickly discover that Gmail won’t allow you to do so. However, you can make the effort by doing the following:
- In the Search box, type (w/o quotation marks) “in:chat from:friend’semailaddress.com” Or if you use labels, use “in:chat label:friend”
- Open the first email and then forward it to your main email account.
- Create a label so you know which chats you have already emailed to yourself. Mine is “Chats Sent”
- Now hit “Archive” so you don’t clog up your inbox.
- If a chat is in different threads within the same timeframe, you hit “Forward” on the topmost email. You then copy and paste the text from the other logs into this email. Repeat steps 3-4.
- Now use whatever Gmail downloading tool you prefer to fetch your emails.
Hopefully in the near future, Google will realize the value of letting people download their chat logs like normal email and you won’t have to do this manual process.
The process of getting your application in for the President Management Fellows program is made out to be more of a strain than it really is. The instructions spread over four sheets, but it turns out that it is a lot less complicated than that.
- Go to USAJobs and search for “PMF.”
- Once found, click on “Apply to this job.”
- Create an account.
- You’ll be brought to the resume builder, which is a requirement for this job since you cannot upload a resume.
- Complete the resume in one sitting if possible.
- When you’re done, you’ll be given the option of Create a new resume or upload one. Do neither.
- Now go to Application Manager and create an account.
- Application Manager will recognize your social security number from the USAJobs account and will pull in the information.
- Create your profile and double check the information that it imports from USAJobs is correct.
- Start the “Complete Application” process. Keep an eye out for the “PMF Nomination Form” to appear on the bottom of the page.
- Print this out, fill it out, and then present it to your department chair, dean, or another high official so they can sign it. Then ask them to fax it for you.
- Double check to make they did fax it!
- Now sit back and wait till the end of November and then go back to Application Manager to see the status of your application materials.
- Wait for January comes to see if you need to start the next step!