Courtesy of Darien Library
sent me a request back in December to help her achieve a logo design for her Meetup group, Adult Day Camp
. The logo went up today after a looooooong delay of back and forth work.
To finish the project, we spent 20 minutes today going through Font Book on my work Mac to find the perfect font. The two she had sent me previously weren’t quite it. We then worked out the font color. I’m still not 100% certain about the way Day lines up to the tent. But I was more concerned with trying to get the image centered over the text.
Dragging myself out of bed this morning after a string of was a string of “but I want to stay homeeeeeeeeee”s. Then I went to work and made digital signage. The highlight of this work was making an ocra in Inkscape (let’s see if I can sneak it out to post here tomorrow). On the other hand, I went to two meetings. One was rather entertaining as we discussed social media and Google Drive (fun stuff!) while the other led to a project being pushed back a bit. This was disappointing but we’ll look at it again soon enough. The rest of the day was in bits and pieces that I cannot recall.
Today was also my first day taking the train home. The reason being that my husband has a job! In a library! Amusingly enough, his title is somewhat the description of my own job (webmaster/tech support). We’re very lucky to both be working in libraries within half an hour of our home.
Bonus: the STEM logo I designed using the Library’s pre-existing logo.